Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I am having a pity party today. Best case scenario treatment is 3 and a half years... Korbyn will be 3 and half this weekend. And i think about how much has changed since he was born, from moving, to cars, to plates used for dinner.
That's a long time. 3 and a half months into this and we've already pushed that 3 and a half years longer because of delays, and failures to be under certain counts. Re-routed treatment plans, had our share of scares. We have gained weight assisted with steroids, and now are down 4 lbs less than starting weight. We have bought bigger shorts only to dig out the 18 mth sizes again. We have laughed, cried, prayed, and pleaded with God to give me this burden instead of my child. Though still relatively young myself i have lived my life, take this from my son, and i will carry it.
We have been criticized and we have been praised.
We have admitted we need help, only after pride to side showed we can't do this alone.
But at the end of the day, we pray and we say our thank you, to those of you who see all sides of this trial and the brave courage of this pint sized ninja warrior, and show us that people helping people, is what the world needs more of.
God bless you this day and always, and thank you for that hand you reach out for us to hold on to.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Michelle,
    I send you the biggest hugs. You are a very strong woman and I admire your strengh. I will always reach out a helping hand to you. With everything I can. Please know you are not alone and for your little NinjaWarrior will always see you and your husband as his superheros. I send you the biggest hugs

    ReplyDelete