Monday, July 22, 2013

what does brave mean to you

to me, the essence of bravery is a child, who has been given challenges in life, and yet continues, with all their effort to be just that , a child.
if I could trade places with korbyn and take this demon on myself, I would, in less than a heartbeat. but in all honesty, could I do what he does, with as much courage, and fight, without complaint, with very few tears, and no pity me party train? no I couldn't because, I am not as strong as this wonderful child. I see the pain, the sickness, the misery, every day. And he doesn't ever want or seek the sympathy, he is a child. the bravest 3 year old I know.,
as adults when we have a pain, a cut, a bruise, we seek after the sympathetic head turn of, ' oh you poor thing, are you okay'. children cry when they are hurt, yes, but do they cry over "spilled milk" as much as adults.
korbyn shows me daily that heroes come in all shapes, and sizes. and bravery is a state of mind, he is that picture of brave.
some people go their entire lives without meeting their heroes, I'm the lucky one, I gave birth to mine.
my children are the reason I do anything in life. they are my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment