Wednesday, June 12, 2013

it's been a very long 11 weeks, yet not so much, when you think about the big picture. 11 weeks into a 3 year now 7 months 2 weeks journey to the finish line.
we have met some amazing people thus far, doctors, nurses, and other parents at different points in their childs journey. we have learned so much, and continue to learn more, and we have laughed, cried, cheered, reminisced, and have only just begun to find who we are. we have gone from thick wavy dark hair, to the awesome mohawk, to the shiny little head, back to slight blonde fuzz.
I have been told quite a few times by people," I can't imagine what you are going through. " and not to sound harsh in anyway, no you can't. not unless you have been there. our kids already have so many normal life challenges, and to add cancer to the mix, is so much more. 11 weeks ago driving to the childrens hospital I had a panic attack, that I felt so much like a heart attack. I couldn't breathe, I was shaky, sweaty, and my chest was full of sharp pains. and I was pinching my arms so hard to wake up from this horrible dream.
40 years ago this type of leukemia was far less survivable. and I thank god daily for modern advanced, and cancer research that give these kids that 85% that is leaps and bounds better than prognosis 40 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment