Sunday, June 9, 2013

it's funny how much your life changes in 10 years. 10 years ago, I never would have been following the trail of cheetoh hand prints across my house with a wet wipe, to find the culprit, and wash their hands, and I never would have been trying to track down all the barbie body parts, to reconstruct the body, because little brother was having fun, and big sister, is having a meltdown. and I wouldn't have asked myself on 3 separate occasions on a sunday morning, if the child never left this room why can't I find lightening mcqueen?
but on the positive side 10 years ago, I didn't get to do all that. call me weird, but I prefer today, to 10 years ago.
I don't know the latest movie to be out, the latest fashion trends, or the hot new book. but I know when curious george is a repeat, most of the disney princesses names, and the characters on cars. but I know my kids, what makes them smile, and when they are sad, what can cheer them up. we may not at times have the latest gidgets, and gadgets, or milk in the fridge, but we have eachother. I have them, and they have me. and sometimes a hug from my princess, or my ninja warrior, can make or break my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment