Saturday, June 15, 2013

we are relaxing today, before blood count check tomorrow. getting ready for another 3x higher potency chemo injection. it's scary, and humbling to think about how close we were to losing this precious little guy. 4 weeks after we started treatment his blasts were 90% cancer. we literally were at only 10% good ninjas. I cry thinking about that day, and having to abruptly change course of treatment.
the thing with acute leukemia, and believe me there ain't nothing cute about it, is it spreads so quickly, and can multiply, and mutate before you even realize it.
that's one of the reasons treating this, is so intensive.
the day the dr. told me korbyn wasn't responding the way they need him too, and we need to fight harder, we need to come at them with bigger badder guns.
I manned a brave face for the world, sputtered my, I'm fines to everyone. I broke down in the bathroom, after they told me, they were finishing up his dna profile, for a bone marrow match, should this new course not bring the sought after results.
painstakingly after an additional 8 weeks, we still aren't under the 5%. we have made progress, and last week we say at 18%.
" I will stand by you, and I will help you through,
when you've done all you can do, and you can't cope,
and I will dry your eyes, and I will fight your fight,
and I will hold you tight, and I won't let him"

I'll be right here to catch you, I won't let you fall.

the bad ninjas have played their dirty card. but we fight on. korbyns crusaders will increase in numbers, and victory will be ours.
this little guy, though small in stature, is big in bravery, and determination. he is strong, and he is the ultimate ninja fighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment